- Update on Nondiscrimination Regulations Relating to Sex, Gender, Age, and Moreon June 27, 2019 at 4:00 am
On May 24, 2019, the Department of Health and Human Services' Office for Civil Rights (OCR) released a proposed rule to revise its regulations under the […]
- STatus of Court Case Challenging ACA Constitutionalityon December 17, 2018 at 4:00 am
On Dec. 14, 2018, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas declared that the ACA individual mandate is unconstitutional and declared that the […]
- DOL and IRS Release Additional Information on Association Health Planson September 20, 2018 at 4:00 am
On August 20, 2018, the Department of Labor (DOL) posted the Association Health Plans ERISA Compliance Assistance fact sheet.
- Final Rule on Short-Term Limited-Duration Insuranceon August 2, 2018 at 4:00 am
Short-term, limited-duration insurance is a type of health insurance coverage designed to fill temporary gaps in coverage when an individual is transitioning […]
- Court Modifies Order Regarding EEOC Wellness Ruleson January 26, 2018 at 4:00 am
In January 2018, the EEOC asked the court to reconsider the portion of the court’s order that required the EEOC to issue new proposed rules by August 31, […]
- 2018 IRS Reporting Tip 1 - Reporting Offers of COBRA Coverageon January 17, 2018 at 4:00 am
Under the ACA, applicable large employers are required to offer health benefits to their full-time employees and report on the health coverage they offer.
- Business Deduction Elimnation for Mass Transit and Parking Benefitson January 11, 2018 at 4:00 am
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act eliminates the business deduction for qualified mass transit and parking benefits starting in 2018.
- Federal Tax Credit for Employer-Provided Paid Family and Medical Leaveon January 11, 2018 at 4:00 am
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act includes a new federal tax credit for employers that provide paid family and medical leave to their employees.
- Contraception Mandate Rolled Back for Employerson December 8, 2017 at 4:00 am
Interim Final Rules were released and became effective on October 6, 2017, allowing a greater number of employers to opt out of providing contraception to […]
- Compliance Recap - November 2017on December 4, 2017 at 4:00 am
November was a busy month in the employee benefits world.
- President Trump Ends ACA CSRson October 13, 2017 at 4:00 am
On the evening of October 12, 2017, President Trump announced that cost sharing reductions for low income Americans in relation to the Patient Protection and […]
- October 2017 Executive Order on Healthcareon October 12, 2017 at 4:00 am
The order directs various federal agencies to explore options relating to association health plans, short term limited-duration coverage, and health […]
- IRS Releases Final forms and Instructions for 2017 ACA Reportingon October 10, 2017 at 4:00 am
Reporting is required by employers with 50 or more full-time (or full-time equivalent) employees, insurers, or sponsors of self-funded health plans, on health […]
- What You Need to Know about Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accountson August 14, 2017 at 4:00 am
A dependent care flexible spending account (DCFSA) is a pre-tax benefit account used to pay for eligible dependent care services.
- The COBRA Payment Processon August 14, 2017 at 4:00 am
The COBRA payment process is subject to various rules in terms of grace periods, notification, premium payment methods, and treatment of insignificant […]
- What You Need to Know about Health Flexible Spending Accountson August 14, 2017 at 4:00 am
A health flexible spending account (FSA) is a pre-tax account used to pay for out-of-pocket health care costs for a participant as well as a participant's […]
- Determining COBRA Premiumson July 21, 2017 at 4:00 am
The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA) allows qualified beneficiaries who lose health benefits due to a qualifying event to […]
- Senate Releases Proposed Healthcare Billon June 22, 2017 at 4:00 am
On June 22, 2017, the U.S. Senate released a “Discussion Draft” of the “Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017” (BCRA), aimed at "repealing and […]
- DOL Asks for MHPAEA Related Commentson June 21, 2017 at 4:00 am
The Department of Labor is requesting comment on a draft model form to request information regarding nonquantitative treatment limitations.
- ACA Market Stabilization Final Ruleon April 26, 2017 at 4:00 am
The rule amends standards relating to special enrollment periods, guaranteed availability, and the timing of the annual open enrollment period in the […]
- SBC Template and Required Addendums for Covered Entities under ACA Section 1557on March 15, 2017 at 4:00 am
A Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) is four page (double-sided) communication required by the federal government. It must contain specific information, in […]
- Medicare Part D: Creditable Coverage Disclosureson February 24, 2017 at 4:00 am
Entities such as employers with group health plans that provide prescription drug coverage to individuals that are eligible for Medicare Part D have two major […]
- CMS' Proposed Rule on ACA Market Stabilizationon February 16, 2017 at 4:00 am
On February 17, 2017, the Department of Health and Human Services’ Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a proposed rule to stabilize the […]
- IRS Reporting Tip 1 - 2016 Form 1094-C, Line 22on January 13, 2017 at 4:00 am
Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), individuals are required to have health insurance while applicable large employers (ALEs) are […]
- FAQs on ACA Implementationon December 21, 2016 at 4:00 am
On December 20, 2016, the Department of Labor, Department of Health and Human Services, and the Treasury issued FAQs About Affordable Care Act Implementation […]